Vibration can cause the premature failure of your product, including:
- Electronics used in control or monitoring systems
- Driven or rotating machinery
- Structural members and frames
For consumer products with a vibration specification, ITC can:
- Measure the total vibration in several locations in an assembly
- Identify frequencies and compare to operational frequency limits
- Perform modal analysis on the part or assembly to see how structure shape and stiffness affect vibration
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of system changes to control or reduce vibration
Environmental vibration can cause damage to structures and affect personnel.
- Vibration from construction activity, such as pile driving, can cause damage to adjacent structures.
- Vibration during construction can affect the operation of sensitive medical and scientific equipment.
- Road vibration can disrupt the work or leisure environment of commercial and residential properties.
ITC has the equipment, tools, software, and expertise to measure environmental vibration. ITC can work with construction crews to modify pile driving operations to limit the damage or exposure to sensitive equipment and buildings. ITC can measure the effects of vibration from roads on adjacent structures and quantify the change in vibration levels to determine if they exceed established limits.
Operations within a building can create undesirable vibration. ITC has the tools and expertise to:
- Measure and identify the source of the vibration coming from equipment or human activities.
- Investigate the path of the vibration transmission and see if vibration isolators are functioning properly.
- Track the effectiveness of changes implemented.
ITC has a wide range of hardware and software for vibration measurement and analysis.
- Multichannel analyzer (Brüel & Kjær PULSE 3560C and SOMAT eDAQ Systems)
- LabShop measurement and analysis software
- Reflex analysis software
- Glyphworks analysis software
- Bruel & Kjaer and PCB brand Tri-axial accelerometers
- Bruel & Kjaer, PCB and Kistler brand single axis accelerometers
- Bruel & Kjaer DC accelerometers
- Bruel & Kjaer and PCB brand Impact hammers (for natural frequency determination)
- Sentek M4040 A electrodynamic Shaker with slip table
In addition, ITC adds resources and equipment as needed to meet complex testing requirements.