A global provider of customized procurement services compiles market trends and technology for industrial robots.
- Global Robotics market will continue to grow due to increased demand from automotive sector which accounts for more than one-third of robot sales.
- In 2012, Japan, China, United States, Korea and Germany accounted for around 70 percent of the total robot sales.
- Smaller controllers with higher processing power
- Introduction of machines which provides the opportunity to tailor the selected robot to the requirements of the application
- Recognition of safety issues comes with faster, more flexible robots, with greater payloads
- Advances with human-robot cooperation
- 3D vision safety systems
Read more by Moumita Sen, Automation.com, November 26, 2013