- Industry 4.0 - Getting Started
March 22, 2017
8:30 am - 11:00 am
From “Framework to the Factory Floor”
Join the Industrial Technology Centre and CME for a rare opportunity to hear Michael Gardiner, Director of Industry Strategy for Siemens Industry 4.0 Digital Factory & Advanced Manufacturing Canada!
This factory-of-the-future workshop will talk about some of the strategies companies are using to develop technology and training roadmaps to effectively lay the foundation for Industry 4.0. Mr. Gardiner will also discuss some of the processes and support systems needed to accelerate effective technology adoption.
Following this session, participants will:
- Be able to understand the tenets of Industry 4.0 and why it’s gaining widespread adoption in manufacturing around the world.
- Learn about key supporting concepts like the Digital Twin and Digital Thread.
- Identify frameworks to benchmark their own operations and inform roadmaps.
- Gain awareness about applications of technology in other parts of the world.
- Identify additional sources of value that can compound as their initiatives expand.
Who Should Attend:
CEOs, owners, senior leaders, engineers, operations managers, applied technology & innovation specialists, business and CI professionals and anyone interested in how Industry 4.0 projects can initiate big advances from the shop floor to the top floor. This workshop offers value at every level.
About Our Presenter:
Michael Gardiner, P. Eng.
Director of Industry Strategy
Advanced Manufacturing & Industry 4.0, Siemens Digital Factory
Using experience from Siemens’ extensive international customer base, Michael Gardiner provides guidance on digital product development and manufacturing IT to Canadian companies.
Helping leading manufacturers use software to add capabilities that enhance innovation and optimize production, he is a specialist in product lifecycle and manufacturing operations management.
Mr. Gardiner earned a Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering from Queen’s University and a Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA.
Join us on March 22, 2017:
8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 – 11:00 a.m. for
Industrial Technology Centre
200-78 Innovation Drive
There is no cost for this session, but registration is required.
Deadline for registration is March 21, 2017.