ITC carries out all of our activities in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001. We became registered to ISO 9001 in 1999 and are currently register to ISO 9001:2008.
ISO 9001 promotes the adoption of a process approach when developing, implementing and improving the effectiveness of a quality management system, to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
When used within a quality management system, such an approach emphasizes the importance of:
- understanding and meeting requirements;
- the need to consider processes in terms of added value
- obtaining results of process performance and effectiveness; and,
- continual improvement of processes based on objective measurement.
For more information on ISO 9001, visit International Organization for Standardization
Our Calibration Laboratory is Calibration Laboratory Assessment Service (CLAS) certified and Standards Council of Canada (SCC) accredited to ISO/IEC 17025.
CLAS is a voluntary program available to calibration laboratories seeking accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025. Accreditation ensures that a calibration laboratory has demonstrated its capabilities for specific calibrations and measurements with verified uncertainties and traceabilities to national measurement standards. In Canada, the accreditation of calibration laboratories is the shared responsibility of the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) and CLAS.
For more information on the CLAS program, visit National Research Council Canada
Our Mechanical Testing Laboratory is SCC accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 for specific tests through the SCC Program for Accreditation of Laboratories – Canada (PALCAN).
The PALCAN program ensures that accredited labs have:
- technically competent staff with the requisite skills and knowledge;
- the environment with the requisite facilities and equipment;
- the requisite procedures; and,
- the requisite quality control.
For more information on the SCC’s PALCAN program, visit Standards Council of Canada
* SCC Accreditation & Design Mark is an Official Mark of the Standards Council of Canada, used under license.